Well, I have learned some interesting things about straight women, straight men, and gay men (this is my social network in Nowhereville) as I attempt to make a decision about Mr. 25.
The scenario so far. Mr. 25 and I have had some intense im-ing sessions. Flirting in the highest order. We had one sweet converation. He seemed very young but entertaining. I am under an enormous amount of stress at this moment. I am trying to finish a book manucript which I see as my ticket out of here. I am in the worst academic department in America. I am in the last stages of a long distance relationship. Mr. 25 is such a nice diversion from all this. He has proposed that we meet in person in Big Major City in three weeks. (I have been invited for a talk at Fancy University in Big Major City.) I am not sure how I feel about meeting up in person.
1. He is 25.
2. He lives on the coast, I live in Nowhereville.
3. I did not expect my "on-line" world become part of my real life.
4. I am technically in a committed relationshp.
5. What could I really have in common with a 25 year old?
6. He is 25.
7. He is 25.
A lot of drinking and advice giving has occured here in Nowhereville by friends. It is interesting how folks weighed in on the decision.
Straight women across the board discouraged me for the following reasons:
1. I should not toy with the affections of a 25 year old that is pursuing me.
2. If I slept with him, I would regret it.
3. I should be spending my energy looking for a serious relationship.
4. Mr. 25 is the same age as many of my undergraduates.
5. It would never go any where.
Gay men encouraged me for the following reasons:
1. It would be good sex.
2. It would be a refreshing fling.
3. He could be my boy-toy.
4. Sex is not the same as love.
Straight men encouraged me as well. (One "friend" then propositioned me. We will no longer be friends.)
1. It would be "friends with benefits."
2. It could be a purely sexually relationship.
3. Sex is not the same as love.